Saturday 5 January 2008

Least said the better . . .

Okay let’s get the bad stuff out of the way.

$3.25 21/45 – standard, short lose a race
$3.25 8/45 – this one was very amusing, final table I played completely maniacally . . . I’ll post the hands when I get home. They are good for a laugh, conceivably I could have cashed but meh.
$3.25 23/45 – flop a set – end up all in – lose to AJ runner runner wtf!
$12 98/180 – element of the tilt monster playing this, bluffed at a very bad time
$6.50 41/45 – terrible bluff went wrong few hands after having to lay down AQ on board of Q56
$3.25 28/45 – uninteresting
$3.25 5/45 – a cash at last

So from that lot a very pathetic return of -$24.75 not good in the grand scheme of things!!

Also played –

$3.40 6/10 – AK lost to 1010
25nl – yeah I know, bad tilty and all that, however I was pretty solid and walked off with $4.15 profit wahey . . . so overall a grand loss for the day $24. I’ll update Fenners latest batch of scores after I’ve checked OPR, I do know he went pretty far in the $3 rebuy before trying to extract to much value with AQ on a board of QQ72 – two spades, villain hit flush on river. Anyways enough of that good job it’s a year long thing hehe.

Moving on I’ve made a few bullet-proof points which I’ve gleaned from FTR and pretty much these ring so true I’m going to nail them to my laptop, I’ve also made some belated New Year’s Resolution away from the tables.

Resolutions

· Sort Finances out
· Eat less junk
· Drink less
· Get fitter

Poker Thoughts

· Bet your big hands
· Don’t get married to TPTK
· Evaluate board after every card, take time
· Evaluate remaining players in pot, what are they like manic, passive, aggro, tight, tricky etc
· Position, Position, Position
· Continuation bets at raggedy flops if raised pre – shut down on co-ordinated flops multiway, spew otherwise
· Confidence – just because KK never wins, always raise it, always look to get all in pre-flop
· Abuse the bubble constantly

Some worthwhile quotes from FTR members, there’s plenty more – but along with the above remembering all of it will help more than anything. As an aside I don’t want to get way too much information in my head, I naturally know to shove 93o from the SB vs the BB if we’ve both got an M of 5 and likewise.

· Only one thing to say about KK, if you raised preflop and got a caller, an A hits and villain bets into you he has an A more often then not.
· Learn about position. Really, just sticking to the following is a good start: Cut the table in half in your mind: the blinds and the last three positions are places you can make moves IF other people haven't committed many chips to the pot. The rest of the table is for only playing GOOD cards. KQ+ and AJ+ at a minimum. As people get knocked out, remove one position from the "I can't make plays here" side until you're short-handed and it's viable to raise any two from anywhere.
· The only times I limp preflop are early in the tourney with pocket pairs (playing for set value) or suited connectors in position and preferably with multiple limpers in front.
· Realise that bad, horrible, appalling, one-outer beats do happen... ...and that the best way to console yourself is to be sure that you got your money in as a favourite - if you did, there is nothing else you can do, you effectively won. Your AA will be cracked by rubbish like QTs 19.5% of the time when your preflop push is called BUT the other 80.5% of the time you double up/take opp's whole stack. The question to ask yourself is "would I have played differently?" and if the answer is "no", then be happy whatever the results might be.
· Don’t call all-in with less than two pair if your flop bet is called and opp pushes on the turn. Sure, sometimes you fold the best hand but more often than not opp will have the goods.

So that’s it, there’s thousands more to read about and digest but I think following the above will help. Lastly I’ve decided that to beat the Fenman I’m going to be solely concentrating on the following games.

· $4.40 180
· $3.25 45 turbo
· $6.50 45 turbo
· $5.50 45 slow
· $3.40 10 turbo – mainly to mix things up
· $5.50 9/18/27 slow – to boost the bankroll
· MTTS all under $5 – 100k job only if I satellite in

If anyone finds me playing anything else I’ll donate $10 to your account. Good luck all let’s hope next update is a happier one. I’ll update the right hand side tomorrow.

No comments: