Saturday 8 December 2007

I think we need some rules!

Oakey Dokey - I know I wasn't going to post before I'm back home but well I am. Due to other life issues I'm going to be cutting down the amount of time I'm playing and will probably come to an agreement to only play 3/4 days a week when I'm off, instead of the current 7. If I take the laptop away then obviously I may play more . . but although I really want to put in more volume, I've got a family and that is far more important.

Therefore I need to set some pretty obvious goals and targets for my playing time - MTTs are obviously my favourite little forte but the length of time for these with regard winning them makes them pretty much a no-go sadly. It may be that I'll play the odd one here and then but MTTs are being banished for the forseeable future. So that leaves ring and sngs - my ring is quite honestly dreadful and although it's something I do want to look at improving.

Now although I pretty much have exclusively been playing on Stars, ring on their is substantially tougher than on say Pacific Poker or Party. So what I'm going to look at doing is open up an account with a smaller room and go and play some 10nl full ring. Now this may be a complete disaster but with a distinctly shortened amount of time at the tables, I think it's worth trying out, playing ring at Stars frankly isn't worth my salt - because I can't beat it yet!!

I'm going to therefore divide my online bankroll up leaving some on Stars to play the odd SNG, 180 man when I feel like a change, but the rest of it I'm going to deposit on a new site now it's just a case of finding one, with ideally a decent bonus to net aswell.

The last thing I want to do is win $100 this coming week alone, if I manage that then I'm going to purchase a new TV in time for xmas and if poker pays for it then, that's something worth shouting about. (note - the TV is on offer in a local supermarket).

I will update when I've chosen a room more than likely Pacific and set some ground rules for full ring, adios.

No comments: