Friday 21 December 2007

So I lied . .

Well kind of anyways, have got in some poker this week via the local Internet Cafe. It does cost 50p an hour but at least I can get some hands in lol.

Anyways not a great deal to report I've been browsing the forums mainly trying to continue learning which is something I'll spend a fair whack of time doing when I'm away from home. Both www.pocketfives.com and www.flopturnriver.com have a fair amount of strategy articles and hand advice type articles to pick up tips. Although P5's seems to have degenerated into a popularity contest more than an actual helpful resource, anyways this section here of FTR is a goldmine http://poker-strategy.flopturnriver.com/ and if you haven't read it, I suggest you do so, it discusses several different areas of the game but you can go in and read certain articles on different strategy in the Poker Forum itself.

As for the poker . .

Wed 19/12
  • 25nl - start $25 ended at $16.45. (-$8.55)
  • 0.25/0.5 limit - start $20 ended at $15.15 (-$4.85)
  • $12 180 man 13/180 ($11.74) - Bit of a crapshoot and never really acquired much of a stack in the end it was push/fold mode and my 8K was demolished by A9, still cashing made up for the cash game antics.

Thur 20/12

  • $4.40 180 man 152/180 (-$4.40) - Decided to play more aggresively early on than normal and my A 10 raise hit a dreamy flop 4 way of A 10 6 only to get sucked out on a 7 8 despite my pot size raise, so outdrawn by a donk without the odds!
  • $3.25 18/45 (-$3.25) - Made a bad shove early with AJ following a mini-raise which was AK wtf! Then played short-stack dynamo before getting screwed over by Q9 vs my AK.
  • $6.50 9/9 (-$6.50) - Say no more.
  • $3.25 10/45 (-3.25) - Again looked to play hyper aggro and must have won 5 of 6 pots prior to shoving JK into JJ near final table bubble.
  • 25nl - start $25 ended at $29.85. ($4.85) Wee a cash profit

So overall not great . . but I'm not too disheartened as I set out to play super aggro - I'm pretty confident the last 45 man if I'd played tighter I'd have cashed but hell that sucks at times, I'll discuss my goals for 2008 in the next post, one of which is going to have to be sticking to a set game, more than likely the 180 $4.40's as I'm determined to crack them and in the process deliver that promise to Shanetrain. Adios amigos.

No comments: